On the whole, traditional gyms do not get you functionally fit, most group exercise studios miss the mark in high-level programming, online and DVD workouts lack coaching, and CrossFit lacks the quality control to be safe for general populations. Most corporate gym classes are one-off workouts that may feel good at first, but are unlikely to produce long-term results. Many other group exercise studios rely on gimmicks and false promises to get you in the door, and do not produce lasting change and improvements.
TPE improves bodies, lives, and communities via powerful, fun, and safe fitness programming; we design structured, periodized programs that help every athlete shine regardless of fitness level. Our holistic approach includes effective in-class coaching, coach-supported nutritional and body transformation challenges, social activities, and philanthropic activities and programs. We are here to support you and help you transform on many different levels!
We welcome people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels! We want everyone and anyone to feel comfortable here, and understand that different people have very different health and fitness capabilities.
For more advanced athletes, we offer challenging modifications to help get over any physical plateau. Our coaches are ready to give you that extra push, should you need (or want) it.
All new athletes are eligible for a free 1-on-1 intro with one of our amazing coaches – you can read more about getting started here. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time (don’t forget to wear comfortable workout gear)!
Yes, we have four designated parking spots behind the building! Valet is also available for our evening classes – $5 with a validated stamp from our front desk. The valet kiosks are located in front of The Parlor (7250 Melrose) and Smoke.Oil.Salt (7274 Melrose). There is also plenty of street parking.
We have a strictly enforced 5-minute late arrival policy.
At this time, our classes are non-transferable and can only be used by the purchaser.
For class cancellations, we have a 12-hour cancellation policy.
We use a custom MindBody ‘Engage’ software app with some known technical issues. Try these quick fixes to troubleshoot the app before calling in:
1. The app should automatically log you in, once you save your credentials.
2. Is your contract up for renewal? If you’d like to renew or cancel, please contact email@example.com.
3. The app will not allow you to sign up ahead of your renewal schedule – i.e. if your renewal date is on Jan. 1, you will not be able to sign up for a class on Jan. 3. Reserve class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling/texting (323) 380-5528.
4. Mindbody has two types of apps – Mindbody Express (not ours), and their custom Engage software apps (ours). Search for ‘The Phoenix Effect’ on both iOS and Google Play – our app features our red phoenix logo.
5. Do you have more than one account? You may have two accounts if you first visited us via a third party service (ClassPass, OpenSweat, etc.). Please email email@example.com or call/text (323) 380-5528 to merge your accounts.
6. If you have problems accessing your account via the app, please read this one-sheet on TPE App Troubleshooting.
When you visit us, we may collect, store, or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this website, such as information about which of our website’s pages you have visited. This data may be analyzed for trends and statistics and allows us to improve our services to you.
Personally Identifiable Information
During your visit, we may collect data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card and other personal information. We do not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties except as provided herein. The contact information we collect may be used for internal business purposes, such as order placement, marketing plans, and to provide you with information we believe may be of interest to you. We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Changes to Your Information
If you prefer not to receive information from us, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any third-party websites linked to or from this website may have different privacy policies and practices. You should review the privacy polices on these other websites in order to determine how each website may use any personal information you provide.
Questions or Comments